Barkaritaville on Saturday, May 18th - A Benefit for Second Chance Pet Rescue
Don't plan to miss this year's most entertaining summer party - Barkaritaville this Saturday, May 18th, at Honey Creek Landing (next to Honey Creek Bridge).
Second Chance Pet Rescue and The Parrot Steakhouse and Grill are so excited to be hosting Barkaritaville to benefit homeless animals of Northeast Oklahoma. Barkaritaville is a "Jimmy Buffet" themed summer party overlooking the beautiful waters of Grand Lake. You can come to the Honey Creek Landing party either by car or by boat.
The party starts at 5:30 pm with a "Cheeseburger in Paradise" dinner grilled by The Parrot; live music to listen and dance to by the talented musical duo of Brett & Terri sponsored by Grand Country Pest Control of Grove; and a live and silent auction with wonderful donated merchandise to bid on (let the competition begin!). A cash bar will be available (Pour Me Something Tall and Strong!) provided by The Parrot, and the evening's dress code is casual tropical attire and flip flops (Blew Out my Flip Flop - Stepped on a Pop Top!).
Listed below are some of the fantastic live auction items that will be available for the highest bidder:
- "Island Fever" - Trip for 2 to exotic Nassau, Bahamas, that includes round trip air fare and 7 nights accommodations. Donated by Williams Homes LLC and Second Chance Pet Rescue.
- "Homemade Music" - Trip for 2 to Branson for 2 nights at the Branson Hotel Convention Center, $200 gift certificate for Branson show tickets, and $200 gift certificate at the Level Steak House. Donated by Chuck and Victoria Perry of Re/Max of Grand Lake, Childers Flooring, and Second Chance Pet Rescue.
- "Fins" - Fly Fishing Trip to Colorado to float the beautiful Blue River with 2 nights accommodations at the remarkable Devils Thumb Ranch. Donated by Matt Norwood of Vine Laboratories, Denver, CO; Honey Creek Bar-B-Q; and Grand Country Pest Control.
- "Where's the Party" - Five course grand dining experience for 8 guests alongside the beautiful pool at the home of Susan and Rudy Moritz of Grove, OK.
- "Son of a Son of a Sailor" - Sailing adventure for 8 on beautiful Grand Lake followed by a wonderful dinner at Patricia Island's Mulligan's Pub. Donated by Andy Stewart of Patricia Island and Marty Follis of The Real Estate Book.
- "Growing Older But Not Up" - Evening pool party for 20 at Grove City Pool including Bar-B-Q Dinner. This would be great for a birthday party, family reunion, or a neighborhood get together. Donated by City of Grove and Marty Follis of The Real Estate Book.
- "One Particular Harbor" - Wet Step Ladder for your dock and a Paradise Floating Pad for fun sunning and playing. Donated by Marty Follis and Jerry and Connie Ruzicka of Grove, OK.
- "Boat Drinks" - Dinner for 6 at The Parrot Steakhouse followed by a sunset cruise on beautiful Grand Lake, includes wine and dessert. Donated by Mash Home Inspection, Grand Country Pest Control, and The Parrot Steakhouse.
- "Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season" - Four OKC Thunder Basketball tickets, includes 2 rooms for one night at the historic luxury Colcord Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City. Donated by Scott and Joni Rudd and TNT Insurance.
Haven't purchased your Barkaritaville ticket yet? Better grab your friends and hurry to buy your ticket as there is limited seating capacity under the lighted tent canopies. Tickets are $40 each and can be purchased conveniently online at www.doitforthepets.com , Second Chance Thrift Shop (220 E. 3rd Street), or The Parrot Steakhouse. Tickets may also be purchased by contacting Theresa Swift (She's the Woman to Blame) at 918-964-0088 or email email@example.com. And table reservations for 8 guests can be made by calling or emailing Theresa for a Reserved Table.
Be sure not to miss this year's most entertaining benefit - Barkaritaville. There will be Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes - all to benefit Second Chance Pet Rescue.