May 14 Grand Lake Golf Report
Golf is sometimes perceived as a secret society with its own mores, culture and language, which can make it feel exclusionary, elitist or unwelcoming. Yet, while the sport is deeply rooted in history and traditions that make it great, today’s golf scene is getting with the times like never before. In fact, golf will present you with such unbelievable personal and shared experiences that the only fear you’ll have nowadays is a FOMO –a “Fear of Missing Out!”
There are almost too many reasons to list for taking up this great game, but here’s some of them to get you started:
- Connections Abound – Golf’s a relationship game. Every angle of the sport is rooted in relationships—both personal and business. And your time spent in and around the game allows you to make connections and foster relationships through shared experiences that you wouldn’t otherwise make.
- “Grass Ceiling” No More – Tired of being excluded from the informal networks your colleagues, especially the guys, are building on the course and then leveraging for career advancement? Grass ceiling no more, girl. Get in the game. You’ll break down those barriers, and build a network for a lifetime.
- The Great Outdoors – In this high-tech generation of being chained to our mobile devices while doing more with less at the office, who couldn’t use a little more time outside in the fresh air?
- Calorie Burn – Who couldn’t use a little extra off? You’ll burn approximately 2,000 calories during an 18-hole round (while walking and carrying your clubs) or even 1,300 calories when riding a golf car as you play!
- Your Significant Other – Golf is such a special sport to share with a spouse or partner. You’ll leave the world behind and be together, undisrupted in a beautiful setting where nothing else matters but the two of you
- Destinations Await – Around the corner or even the globe, golf travel can take you to stunning locations all over the world.
- That One Shot – There’s no way to do justice to describing the feeling of pure exhilaration you’ll experience the first time you connect your golf club with that little white ball. There’s really nothing like it! You can do it…And you’ll never forget it! Believe me, it will keep you coming back to the game you love!
The Golf Calendar
Friday May 18th Ye Old Golf Tournament Benefitting the Christian Medical Clinic of Grand Lake. Return entry forms to: Fr. David, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 555 East Third St. ,Grove, OK 74344-7139..
Disabled American Veterans Golf Scramble will be held on Armed Forces Day May 19th, 2018. It will take place at Cherokee Grove Golf Course with much appreciated major sponsorship from the Bank of Grand Lake. Four man Scramble benefitting the local DAV transportation and service fund.
Cherokee Grove Monday night league
Cherokee Grove Monday Night League.. Hit the ball at 5:15. All are welcome. You can stop by the Cherokee Grove Clubhouse to sign up.
Cherokee Grove Sunday Skins. Moving to a 9 a.m. start time. Cheapest SKINS GAME you will find.
Golf Quote of the week
If you are going to talk negative about a place, you're almost throwing yourself out to begin with because golf is a mental game. – Jordan Speith
Grand Lake Golf Venues
-Cherokee Grove Golf Course (Grove) @ 918-786-4100
-The Coves Golf Club (Duck Creek) @ 918-782-3220
-Grand Cherokee Golf Course (Langley) @ 918-435-8727.
-Patricia Island Golf Club (Grove) @ 918-786-3338
-Peoria Ridge Golf Club (Miami) 918-542-7676
-Shangri-La Golf Club (Monkey Island) @ 918-257-4204
-Eagle Creek Golf Club (Joplin) @ 417-623-5050
-Elk River C.C. (Noel) @ 417-475-3208
-Kelly Custom Golf (Grove) 918-787-7640 golf shop
Keep it in the Middle